Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
The so-called glitter plant belongs to the family Commelináceas and the genus Tradescantia, which is made up of about 30 species of herbaceous plants Y perennials originating from the tropical areas of America. Its best known species are Tradescantia pallida, Tradescantia fluminensis, Tradescantia spathacea, Tradescantia zebrina or Tradescantia virginiana.
The so-called glitter It is also known as setcreasea pallida or tradescantia purpúrea, and its origin is in Mexico. It is a lively hanging or creeping plant that has a very fast growth and is usually not more than 40 centimeters high. The most interesting are its leaves, elongated and purple, and its flowers have a nice colour but they are not very decorative.
- Location: it is such a resistant and versatile plant that it can develop perfectly both in sunny areas and in shaded or semi-shaded areas. In fact, it can even resist frosts if they are sporadic and of low intensity.
- I usually: it is not very demanding in this sense, and it can grow even in limestone. The planting in the definitive place must be done during the spring.
- Irrigation: it withstands drought very well, so water moderately and let it dry from one watering to another.
- Pass: You should apply an organic fertilizer only once a year, enough so that it can get nutrients all that time.
- Pruning: The best time is during spring to remove old branches, as well as to control their growth and shape.
- Plagues and diseases: Thanks to its resistance, it is very difficult for it to be affected by any unless you completely pass from its care.
- Multiplication: it is very simple and can be done by cuttings in spring, summer or autumn.
If you want to read more articles similar to Glitter plant care, we recommend that you enter our category of Cultivation and care of plants.