Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
In this article we are going to focus on something also very important about The CactusHow are the utilities they have? Many people like them but don't know exactly what to use them for. The truth is that cactus utilities There are many, so here we leave you the main ones.
Main uses of cacti
- Ornamental plant: undoubtedly one of the most common uses for any plant since at a decorative level they are fantastic. If the plants in the garden will look great with rockeries and the ground covered with gravel, while indoors they are also a good decorative complement in a pot.
- Defensive hedges: If you have a garden or orchard there are many species of cacti that you can plant to protect a space from the wind or other inclement weather. One of the best species for this is the Opuntias.
- Food: It serves both for us and for the animals and thanks to the fruits of species such as Prickly Pears, Garambullos or Tunas.
- Medical uses: They are used for a multitude of home remedies that are used to treat various conditions, such as healing wounds with Aloe Vera.
- Fibers: Some of the fibers of species such as Cephalocereus or Pilosocereus are very good for weaving or for filling in mattresses and cushions.
- Wood: Some of the Cylindropuntias species serve as firewood to use in the fireplace, while others such as Trichocereus Pasacana are used to make furniture and frames.
- Colorants: Opuntias shovels can be used to cultivate insects such as the nopal cochineal or grana and extract a striking purple dye from them, which is very good for dyeing textiles.
- Pass: many species serve as organic compost for the soil.
If you want to read more articles similar to Cactus UtilitiesWe recommend that you enter our Indoor Plants category.